|Inspired by http://pleasefixtheiphone.com|
I'm mad as hell and and I want this fixed now.
- We only need 3 USB plugs/sockets. Large, Small and Tiny. Medium is redundant. And we don't really need Tiny
- Every battery powered device should have an onboard charger so it can be charged from USB via one of the standard USB plugs/sockets. There should not be any need for a separate camera battery charger any more. Just as there is no need for a separate iPod charger unless you need a combined travel plug, USB supply in which case you can buy a generic one. And there should not be any need for yet another 5V charger with yet another socket/plug size/shape for my next phone.
- We do not need any more Headphone/Mic socket designs. 3.5mm and 2.5mm are enough. Actually 3.5mm is enough. And the same socket should be able to cope with plain stereo headphones or stereo headphones with mic, or just mic, or just lineout.
- We do not need any more memory card sizes. SD, XD and XD-mini are enough
- We do not need any more phone/music player/camera battery shapes and sizes. And Apple, please use a standard replaceable battery rather than a soldered in custom battery. I'll accept the 1mm extra thickness.
- We do not need any more inkjet cartridge designs just because the manufacturer wants to differentiate their product.
- We do not need another video out socket design
- We do not need any more docking socket designs on music players and phones. Isn't a single USB actually enough? What does your device need to do that can't be done over USB?
[ << Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender - considered harmful ] [ i64X.com - nLite Windows XP Install on Asus Eee PC >> ]
[ 11-Nov-08 2:19pm ] [ IT ]