|Approaching a definition of Web 2.0 - The Social Software Weblog : A comment |
I'll throw a couple of things into the mix.
- Really simple APIs. Use REST not XMLRPC. Use XMLRPC not SOAP. Use SOAP not the whole WS* stack
- Really Simple Data formats. RSS not your own XML schema.
And driving adoption from self interest first.
- Provide immediate value and wins for individual adoption. Appeal to self interest. eg. Del.icio.us and Flickr users get immediate payback regardles of whether anyone else uses them.
- Leverage Metcalfe's law network effects. Feed social value back into the individuals ROI. eg del.icio.us popular
- Leverage Reed's Law network effects. Feed group forming value back into the social value and hence back into the individual. eg Flickr Groups.
[ << Ranting in print ] [ More on Personal Identity Providers (PIP) >> ]
[ 29-Sep-05 12:12pm ] [ web2.0 ]